Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Dear Bethany




  Dear Bethany,
            Today you turn ten.  I remember getting up early in the morning ten years ago and having my water break.  I remember pacing the hospital floors reading "The Two Towers".  I remember your adorable round head.  I remember wondering if your daddy wanted a boy, but then seeing the joy in his eyes and knowing that all he wanted was you.
 
            I never knew you would be one of my very best friends.  I never knew you would make me laugh more than anyone else in my life.  I never knew you would have freckles in the summer or that curls would sprout out of your beautiful bald head.  I never knew you would adore reading and remind me so much of myself at your age.  I never knew that whatever I'm doing, I would want you to come along because you just make everything more fun.

           Thank you for being such a good daughter.  Thank you for loving everyone around you fearlessly.  You are the best.  I wouldn't change a thing about you.  I hope that today and every day you catch just a glimpse of how deeply you are loved.  I'm so honored to be your mom.  I'm so excited to watch you continue to grow into the awesome girl God has purposed you to be!

            I love you forever!
                          Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment