Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

When the World's "All As It Should Be"



       For some reason it was the other kind of "One of those mornings".  The kind where everything seems right in the world and all of life's blessings just seem overwhelmingly real.  It was a rare Sunday morning where I had actually gotten up early, taken my shower and had food ready to make breakfast.  Sure there was the usual morning chaos of finding clothes and shoes for six children, and sure the crumbs from the toast still battled me as I tried my hardest to keep them out of the butter.  But I was happy.  Just plain happy.

       It struck me as I was buttering toast like it was the best job in the universe how many mornings I'm standing in that exact spot, doing the exact same task and yet it feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.  I was humbled to think about how the littlest of things can rock my boat.  The smallest upheaval to my plans throws me reeling as if I might not recover.  I know in those moments where my heart is.  It's in my temporal pleasures, my selfish desires and my untrusting heart.  

       This morning Pastor shared such a powerful sermon and I was incredibly blessed because it tied so closely to what I had been thinking on.  If I'm to live in a place where nothing can shake me, no matter what life throws my way, then I must be tied completely to the truths he shared.  

       I can give thanks in all circumstances because of~

                     Who He is
                     The grace He has and continues to pour out on us
                     And the hope that is sure

       My prayer is that every morning I fight the buttered toast battle, even if not all is right in the world, I will remember this.  I hope you do too.  Nothing is greater.



1 comment:

  1. I appreciated the message Pastor brought us also. I did a short two week study on thanksgiving and we were supposed to write in our journals each day at least one thing we were thankful for. As I looked back after the first week I realized that most of the things I wrote somehow came back to circumstances. I was thankful for different circumstances that allowed whatever. Which is good; but I need to go beyond that because circumstances will change and circumstances are not why we praise God! We praise Him for Who He is and He is always good, never changing. I need to praise Him for His character.

    Thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete