Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Presence



          "Our Father, we know that Thou are present with us, but our knowledge is but a figure and a shadow of truth and has little of the spiritual savor and inward sweetness such knowledge should afford.  This is for us a great loss and the cause of much weakness of heart.  Help us to make at once such amendment of life as is necessary before we can experience the true meaning of the words 'In Thy presence is fullness of joy'."
                                 ~ A.W. Tozer

        This prayer just caught my breath today.  Of course I know God is present.  I know He is near.  When my two year old points at the window and says "God outside!", I add with enthusiasm "God is EVERYWHERE!!!".  But do I know it in my soul?  If so, where is the spiritual savor and the inward sweetness that comes from that knowing?

        The cry of my heart recently has been a plea for God to draw my heart to Himself.  I know even that I can't accomplish on my own.  And how readily He answers such prayers.

        Life is so quick to weigh us down.  To distract us.  Let us not forget that God is near.  May that knowledge humble our motives, embolden our actions, comfort our fears, and delight our hearts.

Psalm 73:28

But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;

No comments:

Post a Comment