Pages

Friday, March 3, 2017

My Dear Sisters, Let us be Strong




        My brother told me recently, " I wasn't sure when you started your blog if would be all about girl stuff."  Sorry brother, this one's for the girls!

        This has been pressing on my heart for some time now and I've not been sure what the right way to express it is.  We live in a culture that promotes "strong women".  We hear it every day.  But as I go through life what I see in my own life and those around me is very similar.  Fear.  Doubt.  Defeat.

       This life is not what we thought it would be.  If only we'd known before we signed up for this.  I'm failing.  If only I could find the miracle solution to make things easier.  Am I wasting my life?

      I'm raising five daughters in this broken world.  What I want for them is what I want for myself and what I want for each of you my dear sisters.  Not to "know yourself" or to "be free" or to be "self-sufficient.  This is my prayers for us all.  That we would,


Be strong in believing

Be strong in joy

Be strong in vision

Be strong in righteousness

Be strong in gentleness

Be strong in humility

Be strong in persevering

    
     We'll take time in the days to come to look at these more carefully.  For now,  I'm praying for you, and myself and my daughters, that we would begin to be courageous.  Today.  In what the Lord has prepared us to do right now.  



No comments:

Post a Comment